My readers know I like to observe my surroundings quietly. Little random things and acts of kindness have a profound effect on me. I observed a small incident today which didn’t even last for more than 5 minutes but has been printed on my memory for the rest of my life. Luckily, I could capture the precious moments. This is how it goes:
- Two little and poor boys struggle to lift the sacks which, as is clear, are too heavy for them.
- One friend tries to help raise the sack onto his friend’s head but,
- He fails. They keep trying again and again but no success. They wait for help for a few minutes in the pouring rain when,
- Few bigger boys pass by. Little ones seek help and,
- Get the guidance and help from them.
- Finally, with their help, the two little boys succeed in lifting the sacks and off they go.
This beautiful small story with a big moral reminded me of my beloved Prophet مُحَمَّد ﷺ who always used to remind people to give charity. He said that:
“The best of all charity is when the one with little, strives to give.”
رحمة للعالمينﷺ also said:
Each person’s every joint must perform a charity every day the Sun comes up: to act justly between two people is a charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoisting up his belongings onto it is a charity: a good word is a charity; every step you take to prayers is a charity and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity.
[Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]