I have no compunctions about admitting that I am fat. But what is bad is that I have a static 9 – 5 desk job. Worse; I am lazy. However the worst part is that I am a part of the excessive junk food and calorie-rich diet culture that is prevalent in offices. No matter how hard I tried initially, I could not say no to the offer of delicious chunks of pizza, appetizing cheese burgers and sips of cold colas. Long before I noticed, I was transformed from a petite slim girl into a ball of fat, not to mention the butt of the joke.
However, my only ray of hope was the fact that I was an exceedingly healthy conscious person with a medical background. I knew what I was heading to with increased weight and uncontrolled diet. I always knew I had to stop one day. And while I still struggle with my weight and lazy schedule that barely gives me time for exercise, I have found my solace in controlled and selective diet.
If you are sluggish and immobile like me, you can benefit from the following tips to help burn your fat:
- For anyone who wants to lose weight within a matter of weeks, citrus water is a magic potion. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to a glass of lukewarm water; pour honey and squeeze a lemon. Take it first thing in the morning. Citrus water melts fat, prevents dehydration and constipation, battles bad breath and freshens your skin. I personally know a few gluttonous people going slim from obese in a matter of weeks with no diet, no exercise, but just a glass of warm citrus water every morning.
- Let us admit, we all get hunger pangs a couple of hours after breakfast. I successfully moved from high-sugar biscuits and bazaari khanay to boiled corn, almonds, chickpeas and low-carb biscuits to ward off my hung pangs. By doing this, you feed your body magnesium, iron, copper and phosphorus that prevent anemia, keep hunger and cholesterol in control and are healthy for skin, hair and nails.
- Because I have a static job requiring me to sit for hours, I know that I am risking accumulation of excess gluteal fat (steatopygia), edema of lower limbs and hemorrhoids. To avoid this, I stand up bi-hourly for ten minutes. I repeat this process whole day. To fight steatopygia, I always sleep on either of my sides, not in supine position.
- Skip lunch altogether. If you cannot; eat fresh fruits. Trust me, you should. Do not give in to your cravings for a burger or shawarma. Remember, fruits are your friends, excess fat is your enemy.
- Do not forget: if you cannot move your hips, you should not move your lips much either. Learn to say no to high-sugar, high-salt and high-fat eatables!
- Do not eat diet food, artificial sweeteners, microwave popcorns and refined sugar products. These food items are not only rich in calories (a sure-shot at quickly gaining weight) but also contain ingredients that are well-known carcinogens (or cancer causing agents).
- Replace coffee or tea with two cups of green tea. If convenient, squeeze a lemon into it. Green tea aids in quick weight loss, prevents cancer, heart disease, diabetes, depression, arthritis and various opportunistic infections by boosting your immune system.
- Take proper dinner. At home. Yet, don’t reward yourself by eating any or everything.
- Go out window-shopping once a week and walk here and there aimlessly marveling at the high-priced brands. Give yourself a shock by going to Charles & Keith and The Body Shop but just get up and go out of the house.
- Finally, treat yourself once a week by eating dark chocolate, fast food or dining out because it is not easy to completely deprive your body of the comfort food it is so used to. Take baby steps towards a change.
Lastly, let me share my before and after photo with you showing you how much weight I have lost:
Just kidding! 🙂
Remember: Even when dieting, laughter should be on everyone’s menu, it tastes delicious!
Best of luck my fat-lazy-big-bottom 9-5-desk-job friends!